Topics explored include:
- Complacency reigns following the price plunge, as gas price spike highlights market risks.
- Focus on structural dangers to manage price risk.
- Storage in Europe is not up to the challenge of a cold winter.
- The recent spike caused by minor issues only – extended maintenance in Norway and demand from Asia.
- Renewables are supporting the market, but intermittent production due to weather creates a volatile market.
- Policy and contract length to provide adequate baseload is weak across Europe – a shift is needed to manage price volatility during the transition to a low carbon economy.
- Watch out for nuclear production, hydro and LNG demand in East Asia as we head towards Q3 2023.
- While Germany industry is concerned about a cut in remaining Russian gas supplies.
Listen to the latest episode of the Resonance podcast below.
Click here to listen to the latest episode.
Go here for further information about Alfa Energy Group briefings, podcast episodes and market reports
Go here for further information about strategy development, contract procurement and energy risk management.
Network with hundreds of businesses and public sector organisations taking bigger steps to net zero. Book your FREE ticket to the Big Zero Show 2023 now.
If you enjoyed this story you can sign up to our weekly email for Energy Live News – and if you’re interested in hearing more about the journey to net zero by 2050, you can also sign up to the future Net Zero newsletter.